Terms and Conditions - Installation Service for EV chargers purchased on EV Extras.com
In purchasing an EV Charger installation only service on www.ev-extras.com Customer acknowledges and agrees that EV Extras novates entirely the installation service to its preferred Installation Partner.
Customer is contracting directly with EV Extras Limited preferred Installation Partner Fusiontek Limited a company registered in England and Wales company registration number 14608168 ( Hereinafter “Partner Installer”)
These terms and conditions form the agreement between
Customer (hereinafter “Customer”) being the person or entity who has either signed, agreed electronically, or paid either in whole or part for the installation only of an electric vehicle charger from EV Extras website www.ev-extras.com and agrees to
1 Scope of Supply
The Scope of Supply is specified at two service level as follows ( Hereinafter the Scope of Supply)
Standard Installation Service
Partner Installers "Standard Installation" package includes the following:
- Fitting of the EV charger supplied by Customer (this is an installation only service the customer must supply the EV Charger) on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure. The charger must be fixed to the main property and be able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement.
- Up to 15 metres of surface mounted cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity distribution board/consumer unit and the charger point. This cable must be located at a height of no greater than 1.8m from ground level. Should an additional cable length be required a further charge will apply of £18 per metre inc VAT.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in the wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if required.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charger including all earthing requirements.
- A protection device (RCD or an MCB) on the property’s electricity distribution board/consumer unit for connection of the charger circuit to the mains supply (assumes two spare slots/ways on the existing electricity distribution board/consumer unit).
- Small materials and fixings.
- The EV Charger (To be supplied by Customer)
- Any type of civil work (digging, grooves, etc.)
- Masonry, paint, groundworks or plumbing works.
- Internal trunking.
- Partner Installer is not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Partner Installer is not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain).
- Any other item or work not specified and not included above.
The above is a Standard Installation from Partner Installer (hereinafter “Standard Installation”)
Standard Consumer Plus Installation
Standard Consumer Plus Installation package includes the following:
- A Standard Installation as above
- all wiring and connections via a Henley block from the existing electric board to a new mini consumer unit
- a mini consumer unit suitable to provide two spare " ways"
-the fitting of the on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure of the Henley block and the main consumer unit
The above is a Standard Consumer Plus Installation from Partner Installer (hereinafter “Standard Consumer Plus Installation”)
The Customer pays the Price stated on EV Extras website for either the Standard Installation or the Standard Consumer Plus Installation (hereinafter “Price”).
In consideration for received the order from Customer via www.ev-extras.com the Partner Installer agrees to undertake the Scope of Supply on the terms and conditions detailed herein.
Price Variation- Scope of Supply
In the eventuality that the customer has inadvertently selected the wrong installation package on www.ev-extras.com the following will apply:
- Downgrade from a Standard Consumer Plus Installationto aStandard installation - The customer will be refunded the price difference between the Standard Consumer Plus Installation and the Standard installation.
- Upgrade from aStandard installation to Standard Consumer Plus Installation - The customer will be invoiced and requested to pay the difference in price between the Standard Consumer Plus Installation and the Standard installation. Should this increase in price not be acceptable to the customer the order will be cancelled and the customer refunded in full. On receipt of the refund all liabilities between Customer and Partner Installer will be fully discharged
Where necessary the Partner Installer may quote for work in addition to the Standard Installation work which is necessary to complete the installation of the Charger. Customer is not obligated to accept the price quoted by the Partner Installer for additional work and is entitled to request to cancel the order and ask for a full refund if the quote provided by the Partner Installer is not acceptable to the Customer.
Partner Installer has the right to subcontract the Scope of Supply to a third party qualified electrical engineer either in whole or part without the Customers consent.
Partner Installer will install the Scope of Supply as soon as possible. Customer agrees that time is not of the essence and that Partner Installer is not liable in anyway whatsoever for any delays in the installation of the charger.
Customer agrees to allow Partner Installer and its subcontractors to access your property including the electricity supply main fuse to undertake the Scope of Supply detailed herein.
Customer understands and agrees that it will be necessary to switch the power to the property off during installation of the charger. Partner Installer will try to minimise such disruption to electricity supply to 10 to 15 minutes but on occasions it can be longer
The time taken for installation of the Scope of Supply varies between properties typically 1 to 4 hours sometimes longer.
The Partner Installer will ensure the installation Scope of Supply is undertaken with reasonable care and skill and in full compliance with applicable regulations for the installation of electric vehicles chargers in the UK.
Customer has the benefit of a 12-month warranty from defects in workmanship and materials in the Scope of Supply (hereinafter “Warranty Period”).
The maximum amount that can be claimed under this warranty is the Price .
Customers statutory rights are unaffected by this warranty.
- Cancellation and Refunds
At any point up to and including 72 hours before an agreed date to install either party is is entitled to cancel the order. In the event of such a cancellation, the customer will be refunded in full.
On receipt of the refund all liabilities between Customer and Partner Installer will be fully discharged.
Nothing in this agreement will affect Partner Installers liability to the Customer for death or personal injury because of our gross negligence or fraud.
All claims for indirect cost, losses, loss of profit consequential losses against Partner Installer are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
For any other claims whether caused by breach of contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any, loss or damage will be limited to the maximum amount of the Price.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
If any part of these terms and conditions are deemed unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions will remain enforceable.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree that any disputes will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales exclusively.