T & C's OZEV Charger Installs
Terms and Conditions- EV charger supply and installation under the OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS)
These terms and conditions form the agreement between
EV Extras Limited a company registered in England and Wales (Hereinafter “EV Extras”).
Customer (Hereinafter “Customer”) being the person or entity who has either signed, agreed electronically, or paid either in whole or part for the supply and installation of an electric vehicle charger from EV Extras website www.ev-extras.com.
1-Scope of Supply
EV Extras standard installation package under the OZEV grant scheme includes the following:
- The supply of your chosen charger from EV Extras store or website
- The fitting of the charger that you have selected from EV Extras store or website on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- The charger must be fixed to the main property and be able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement,
- Up to 12 metres of surface mounted cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity distribution board/consumer unit and the charger point. This cable must be located at a height of no greater than 1.8 from ground level. Should an additional cable length be required a further charge will apply and will be advised by the Installer.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in the wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if required.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charger.
- An protection device (RCD or an MCB) on the properties electricity distribution board/consumer unit for connection of the charger circuit to the mains supply.( assumes a spare slot/ way on the existing electricity distribution board/consumer unit).
- Small material and fixing.
What not included
- Any type of civil work (digging, grooves, etc.)
- Masonry, paint, groundworks or plumbing works.
- Installers are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Installers are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain).
- Any other item or work not specified not included above
The above is a Standard Installation from EV Extras (Hereinafter “Standard Installation”)
2- Price and OZEV grant
The Customer pays the Price stated in EV Extras store or website for the supply of the chosen charger and Standard Installation (Hereinafter “Price”). The Price and this agreement are subject to the Customer qualifying for an OZEV grant.
EV Extras will introduce customer to a qualified electrical engineer registered with OZEV to install your charger (Hereinafter “Installer”)
The Installer will verify that both the Customers vehicle and property meet the conditions of OZEV Electric Vehicle HomeCharge Scheme. The Prices stated on EV Extras website www.ev-extras.com reflects the full benefits of the OZEV grant to the Customer.
In the event that it’s found that the Customer does not qualify for the OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Grant, EV Extras will refund the Customer in full as soon as possible (usually 24 hours) and a maximum of 5 working days. On completion of the refund no obligations or liabilities whatsoever will exists between EV Extras and Customer.
Subject to the Installer confirming the Customer qualifies for an OZEV grant, EV Extras will proceed with the supply and installation of the charger. Customer will be asked to confirm that they wish to proceed with the supply and installation of the charger and in so doing agrees to novate this agreement in full for the supply and installation of the charger to the Installer. Should the customer not wish to proceed EV Extras will refund the Customer in full as soon as possible (usually 24 hours) and a maximum of 5 working days. On completion of the refund no obligations or liabilities whatsoever will exists between EV Extras and the Customer.
The Installer may quote for work in addition to the Standard Installation which is necessary to complete the installation of the Charger. Customer is not obligated to accept the price quoted by the Installer for additional work and is entitled to request a full refund. In the event of receiving such a request, EV Extras will refund the Customer in full as soon as possible (usually 24 hours) and a maximum of 5 working days. On completion of the refund no obligations or liabilities whatsoever will exists between EV Extras and the Customer.
The installer will invoice customer separately for any additional work outside of the Standard Installation. Additional work does not form part of this Agreement between EV Extras and Customer
Installer will issue Customer an invoice on completion of the supply and installation of the charger.
Installer will complete the Customer’s installation as soon as possible.
Customer agrees that time is not of the essence and that neither EV Extras Limited or Installer are liable in anyway whatsoever for any delays in the installation of the charger.
Customer agrees to allow our Installer and subcontractors to access your property including the electricity supply main fuse to undertake the Standard Installation
Customer understands and agrees that it will be necessary to switch the power to the property off during installation of the charger. Installer will try to minimise such disruption to electricity supply to 10 to 15 minutes but on occasions it can be longer
The time taken for installation varies between properties typically 1 to 4 hours sometimes longer.
The Installer will ensure the installation is undertaken with reasonable care and skill and in full compliance with applicable regulations for the installation of chargers
Both EV Extras and Installer have the right to subcontract the Standard Installation either in whole or part.
Customer has the benefit of a 36-month warranty from defects in workmanship or materials from the date of installation from the charger manufacture. (Hereinafter “Warranty Period”).
If the charger is proven to be defective because of either workmanship or materials during the Warranty Period either EV Extras or Installer will either repair or replace the charger.
Dated evidence of purchase and installation needs to be produced to validate the warranty. Customer will be required to complete a claim form including photographic evidence or videos of the problem you are experiencing
The charger must be used in accordance with at least the following: -
- Electric vehicle manufacturers’ instructions.
- Operating instructions supplied by the manufacturer of the charger.
- Operated on a power supply rated for the charger.
- The charger or connector cable are not dismantled replaced or modified in anyway whatsoever.
- The charger is not used for a purpose other than charging an electric vehicle and is neither misused or abused.
- The charger is not wilfully damaged broken or treated with neglect including but not limited to where leaving the connector exposed to the weather resulting in eroded electrical contacts within the connector on tethered chargers or applying excessive force to a tethered cable or socket.
The maximum amount that can be claimed under this warranty is the amount paid by the Customer excluding the Grant. Customers statutory rights are unaffected by this warranty.
Nothing in this agreement will affect EV Extras Limited or Installers liability to Customer for death or personal injury because of our gross negligence or fraud.
All claims for indirect cost, losses, loss of profit consequential losses against EV Extras limited and Installer are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
For any other claims whether caused by breach of contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any, loss or damage will be limited to the maximum amount paid by you for the charger.
9 – Data Protection
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties
In the event any part of these terms and conditions are deemed unenforceable the remainder of the terms and conditions will remain enforceable
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree that any disputes will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales exclusively.